Domaine Jean Chartron
Another one of our throwbacks to a connection made in the 20th century, although the wines then went under the label of Chartron et Trébuchet – Jean Charton and Louis Trébuchet had formed a négociant business, the Chartron wines came under that umbrella. Focus has now returned purely to the estate holdings.
Established in 1859 by a cooper-craftsman called Jean-Edouard Dupard, Domaine Jean Chartron has been governed by five generations, owning just over 14 hectares of vineyards in Puligny-Montrachet, and neighbouring villages, with the majority of these being 1er and Grand Cru. The average age of these vines is 40 years, with all the viticultural and winemaking following organic processes (without, as yet, certification). Nowadays, Jean-Michel Chartron and sister Anne-Laure oversee a cellar that is one of the best addresses in the village, up there with Sauzet and Leflaive – there is never any excess stock to buy, every bottle is always taken.